If you like entertaining outdoors, a patio bar is a must. If you’re thinking that sounds expensive, think again! By repurposing a potting bench you already have or one you buy (they start at around $100) you can serve beverages on the spot all night long without breaking the bank.
Here’s how to transform a humble potting bench into the patio bar that will be the hub of your next party:
- First decide if you’ll leave the finish as is for a casual atmosphere or if you’d like a bit more polish or pizzazz with paint.
- Maximize your storage space by adding a stemware rack under the upper shelf.
- Mount a towel bar across the front. Alternatively, mount a paper towel holder under the work surface or on the side.
- Use hooks designed for trowels to hold stirrers and tongs.
- Install a bottle opener on the front side of a leg. For extra convenience, choose one that catches the removed bottle caps.
- Fill the soil bin with ice to be used in drinks.
- On the bottom shelf, place tub of ice for chilling bottled beverages.
Now, the only thing left to do is to invite your friends over and pour them a drink. For any home projects you want to do, be sure to check out a Consumers Home Equity Line of Credit. With competitive rates and terms, you’ll be enjoying your improvements sooner rather than later. Also, be sure to enter our Rescue My Landscape Contest for your chance to win a $1,000 or $500 gift card from Wedel’s Nursery, Florist and Garden Center!