- How are Michigan employers cutting health care costs? Crain’s Detroit Business reports that the most aggressive companies in a regional survey lowered costs 3 percent. Many midsize employers steer employees to high deductible plans and cut costs by managing pharmacy spending. Get the whole story and an in-depth look at how one company has kept health care costs nearly flat for three years.
- Does outsourcing customer service to the customer sound crazy? Some companies are doing just that and reducing the cost of customer service calls from $7 to $2 each. Read the details.
- Will facts get someone to change their mind? Learn what rocket-scientist-turned-law professor Ozan Varol learned about persuasion by “giving the mind an out”, and apply his technique to change a mind (yours or a coworker’s).
- Need to improve engagement and accountability? Get advice from a combat veteran who shares nine Navy SEAL sayings on defining their culture and how to approach life and work.
- Think you have to be in charge all of the time? If your business would sink without you there all the time, Aby Sam Thomas has leadership lessons that will help you hand over the reins.
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: Crain’s Detroit Business, Bloomberg Businessweek, Ladders, Forbes and Entrepreneur.
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers or call 800-991-2221. We’re here to help you grow your business!
Federally insured by NCUA