- Could rising interest rates be good for small businesses? — Higher rates make banks more competitive and that can mean more funding options for small business owners. Read what Forbes says to learn more.
- Make these six changes to finish the second half strong — Say NO to customers you know won’t be a good fit and stop giving your expertise away for free. Discover the other four changes here.
- Don’t let dedicated workers make your whole team sick — Every company needs passionate employees and that’s why you need a clear policy on when to stay home due to illness. One startup company found this out the hard way when every employee got sick at the same time.
- Michigan infrastructure gets long-overdue attention — Governor Snyder signed a bill establishing a water council and a transportation council. Each is charged with making recommendations on infrastructure investment for the next 30 years. Get the whole story here.
- Bring summer fun to the office — Help your team avoid burnout this summer by scheduling fun activities like a field day, lottery lunch or time to chill at the grill. Get the how-to on each of these plus eight more ideas for summer fun at work here.
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: Forbes, Entrepreneur, Inc., Crain’s Detroit Business and Salary.com.
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers or call 800-991-2221. We’re here to help you grow your business!
Federally insured by NCUA