A quick overview of five resources to help you run your business better – including what you and your employees need to know about changes in federal tax withholding; how to learn about AI from Google tuition-free; and what you can learn from a Lexus dealer.
- Paycheck checkup – The changes in federal income tax law have changed how much is taken out of paychecks. This IRS video recommends a review of W4 withholding for households with more than one wage earner; people who have more than one job; if you’ve itemized deductions before; and if you have children. You and employees can also go directly to the IRS Withholding Calculator.
- Get as smart as a machine – Need to get up to speed on AI? Google is offering a free Machine Learning Crash Course. The 15-hour program that includes 25 lessons and lectures from Google researchers is the same one taken by more than 18,000 Google engineers.
- It’s not all about the Millennials – A tighter labor market means more opportunities are available for older workers. And that’s a good thing because many want to work longer because of a lack of pensions and retirement savings. Despite the good news, CNBC reports that age discrimination is rampant.
- What you can learn from a Lexus dealer – Hospitality can mean the difference between success and failure. Plus, people are willing to pay more for courtesy and kindness. Get the whole story
- Death, taxes and good grooves – Tax day is coming up on April 17 and Billboard has the perfect Spotify playlist. I Need a Dollar, Taxman, Me and the I.R.S, plus 28 more tunes will get you through the 1040s, 1099s and W2s.
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: IRS, Google, The Next Web, CNBC, Entrepreneur and Billboard.
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable Business Development Managers or call 800-991-2221. We’re here to help you grow your business!
Federally insured by NCUA