As 2018 gets underway, here are insights for business growth through government contracts, boosting efficiency with free automation tools, becoming a better communicator and more!
- Growth strategy – Of the $500 billion the U.S. government spends on goods and services, 23% of those dollars are reserved for small business owners. Read the 6 steps to win more government contracts.
- Free ops automation tools – Everything from document sharing to lead generation can be automated to save your business time, money and hassle. Small Biz Trends shares 20 automation tools you can use free of charge.
- Biz trends to watch in 2018 – Commentator Alan Murray has five business trends on his radar: recession watch, AI advances, tech backlash, the CEO statesman and a changing workplace for women. Get the full story here.
- Leadership communication – How do you know when you’ve effectively communicated a message to your team? When they start making fun of you for it. See why in this short video (1:26) with Adam Bryant, managing director of Merryck.
- Coffee as engine fuel (for real!) – A British company has developed a way to convert used coffee grounds into fuel for buses. This makes us wonder about two things. Could the java that energizes you soon be powering your equipment too? And, what other biofuels are we tossing out that could be converted?
Thank you to our Friday Five Sources: Inc., Small Biz Trends, Fortune and CNN.
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers or call 800-991-2221. We’re here to help you grow your business!
Federally insured by NCUA